What Is A Nootropic? An Interesting Road to Cognitive Enhancement
- What is a Nootropic? Can Nootropics Really Work for Cognitive Enhancement?
- Nootropic Supplement Reviews (In no particular order)
- Nootropics for ADHD?
- Nootropics to Avoid
- What is a nootropic stack?
What is a Nootropic? Can Nootropics Really Work for Cognitive Enhancement?
What is a nootropic?
In the most simple definition, a nootropic is a supplement or substance that can enhance cognitive functioning.
This includes a variety of cognitive elements including improved concentration, better focus, memory enhancement, better learning capacity, reduced stress and anxiety, increased cognitive functioning, and a boost to overall brain health.
Are nootropics new?
Some nootropics are certainly newer than others.
However, the first synthetic nootropic called Piracetam has been backed by over 40 years of research. Others have been used in ayurvedic medicine for centuries.
Once the neuroscience community understood what is a nootropic, they were able to make advances in other synthetic nootropic supplements.
So, what is a nootropic?
Well, it has a variety of uses. Some use it primarily to create various nootropic supplements or create their own customized nootropic stacks to provide a boost in focus, concentration, attention, and provide an overall cognitive edge.
We have spent a lot of time testing and reviewing various nootropic ingredients and pre-formulated supplements. I have put together a list of my top 10 best brain supplements that I have tested and reviewed over the past four years. However, I have also put together a list of the worst scams that I have come across as well. It is important to get educated about all of your options to know what works and what you should avoid.
But, here's the deal:
Many scientists in the neuroscience community are studying nootropics and their potential uses to help prevent cognitive decline. This includes improvements to various mental disorders such as Dementia and Alzheimer's disease. They have been discovering many interesting components of nootropics that can help improve overall brain health.
What is a nootropic to the elderly
A nootropic may provide many benefits for the elderly by helping to not only prevent cognitive decline but also slow down the brain's aging process. Many nootropics are proving to be effective ways to eliminate brain fog and boost various elements of memory. This also includes ways to prevent age-related brain disorders.
What is a nootropic compared to a “smart drug”
Nootropics are different than many “smart drugs” on the market.
Smart drugs, such as Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta, and others come with their fair share of negative side effects. Many people also find themselves becoming reliant on these drugs.
Nootropics are more neuroprotective and safe. What is a nootropic compared to a smart drug is a safer alternative that proposes a very low risk of side effects or long-term harm. Many nootropics are proving to be safer than smart drugs.
Many nootropics are proving to be safer than the so-called smart drugs on the market which is causing some concern from big pharmaceutical companies that feel they may start missing out on their “piece of the pie.”
What is a nootropic for someone looking to boost concentration and focus?
One of the many benefits about nootropics is that there is a large variety of nootropics to choose from to find the one that works best for you.
There are also pre-formulated nootropic supplements that are specifically geared at helping with areas of cognitive functioning, including focus and concentration. We review many of these nootropics to determine the good, from the bad to the ugly that exist out there.
Not all nootropic brain supplements are created equally, which is why we find it just as important to inform you about the brain supplement scams to avoid.
There are also individual nootropics that are designed to specifically help with concentration and focus.
What is a nootropic for someone looking to improve memory?
However, just like other cognitive needs, you can always customize your own nootropic stack around specific nootropic supplements to create a brain supplement that will work best for you.
If you are completely lost in the world of nootropics, we will even help you customize the best possible nootropic supplement for you for FREE.
What is a nootropic that is best for me?
It is a question we get frequently. What nootropics are right for me?
The bottom line:
Each and every person is different. A nootropic supplement that may work perfect for one person, may not be as ideal for another. It can require a little trial and error.
For this reason:
We have spent over two years testing and reviewing the top nootropics on the market. Some are pre-formulated all-in-one daily solutions and others are more effective when you build them for your own specific cognitive needs and goals. Here is a look at some of the nootropics we have reviewed at Focus Here and Now. Some are certainly better than others.
Nootropic Supplement Reviews (In no particular order)
- OptiMind Review – We reviewed a nootropic supplement that was meant for daily use. It is said to eliminate brain fog, improve attention and focus, and enhance overall memory. Read the review and find out how you can try OptiMind for Free to decide for yourself.
- Alpha Brain Review – Alpha Brain was one of the first companies to pioneer nootropic supplements to the mainstream. They are endorsed by celebrity Joe Rogan and have numerous opportunities for FREE trials, like their newest, “New Mood” formula. Check out the Alpha Brain Review.
- Qualia Review – Qualia is the self-proclaimed “BMW” of nootropic supplements. They use top-notch premium ingredients to create what they claim to be one of the most potent and powerful nootropics on the market, today. Did Qualia live up to the hype?
- truBrain Review – truBrain is the first liquid “think drink” of it's kind. It was designed as a potent and powerful liquid nootropic supplement to noticeably improve focus, concentration, reduce stress and anxiety, and help with memory as well. Find out what we thought about it and you can also try truBrain for FREE only here and now. I just recently updated the truBrain review to talk about their new and “improved” formula. TruBrain has increased the dosage of some nootropic ingredients while adding others to the formula.
Nootropics for ADHD?
- Nitrovit – Said to be one of the best nootropics for ADHD. Does it live up to the hype and deliver for someone who has struggled with ADHD their entire lifetime? NitroVit is said to be one of the best on the market for those struggling with ADHD and those looking to improve overall cognitive functioning.
- CILTEP Review – CILTEP is an all-natural nootropic supplement that packs a punch. It provides a noticeable boost in mental energy rather quickly and comes with a reasonable price tag. It has been recommended by a number of celebrities and compared at times to the smart drug, Modafinil.
- Nexus and Mitogen by Axon Labs – This company was created by the same company that developed CILTEP but that decided to use some of the more synthetic nootropic supplements to make it even more potent and powerful. One of the more underrated products on the market. Read the review here.
Natural Nootropic Supplements
- MindHD – The all-natural supplement is different than many others on the market. It is not only very effective for using 100% all-natural nootropic ingredients but the company, Green Guru Nutrition takes pride and care in selecting the overall ingredients that make up the formula. This is for anyone who is just curious to see what a clean nootropic supplement can do.
- Mind Lab Pro – A new all-natural nootropic supplement that is made with “branded” high-quality, natural nootropic ingredients. Find out what my experience was like after using Mind Lab Pro for 30 days. Did it deliver the cognitive benefits that it claims? If you are looking to go the all-natural route with nootropics, you will want to read this review.
Nootropics that are Not for Beginners
- NooShift – NooShift was created by the same bright minds that developed NitroVit. They were essentially looking to develop a more potent and powerful nootropic supplement. Find out why NooShift is not for beginners but delivered an interesting experience over the 30 days that I tested the supplement. It is unlike many others I have tried in the past and contains some potent nootropic ingredients that delivered a new kind of cognitive experience.
- IQ2 Review – The iQ2 premium nootropics proved to be a unique blend of nootropic ingredients. It not only provides short-term benefits but also continues to work better and improve cognitive functioning over the long-term. Find out how you can also try a bottle of iQ2 for FREE.
Unfortunately, not all nootropic supplements delivered on their promises. There are certain companies that are using the “trend” of cognitive enhancement to take advantage of the public. I want to make sure you are equally informed about these products. These are the nootropic brain supplements that you want to avoid. They make false claims, have sub-par quality ingredients, and sometimes even potentially dangerous combinations. These are the nootropics to avoid!
Nootropics to Avoid
- Addieup – A nootropic supplement that desperately wanted to be known as a natural Adderall. This was not one of my personal favorites and you should read about what to look out for with them.
- A List of Brain Supplements to Avoid – A list of some of the worst nootropic brain supplements we came across to date. These are the ones that give the entire industry a bad name. It is just as important to be aware of the scams. Therefore, take the time to know about the nootropics to avoid.
Nootropic Supplements that Serve a Different Purpose
- RestUp Nootropic Sleep Aid – The first nootropic supplement we had come across that was specifically designed for a better night sleep. Not only a better night sleep, but they assure that you will wake up feeling much more refreshed as well. This comes from the same people who developed OptiMind and you can also try RestUp for FREE.
- NooCube – Another surprising brain power vitamins in our nootropic review journey. It is natural and works rather quickly, especially considering there is no caffeine to be found in the supplement. You can get 15% OFF a purchase from them using Promo Code: “FHN15” and enter a contest to win one of the 20 free bottles we are exclusively giving away to our readers.
- Modafinil Review and Armodafinil Review – They both technically fall into the “smart drug” category but after so many requests to review Modafinil, we finally gave in and gave one supplier a shot for those that can order it in their perspective countries, if you feel it is the right choice for you.
- Focus Formula – An all-natural holistic supplement with a few nootropic ingredients specifically geared as a natural treatment for ADHD. It is said to be safe for both children and adults and the results were quite surprising. Check out Focus Formula here.
What is a nootropic stack?
What is a nootropic stack and what is the difference between a nootropic stack and the aforementioned pre-formulated stacks?
The most concise difference between the two is that when putting together a nootropic stack, you are essentially selecting the ingredients of the nootropic supplement around what you feel will work best for you. You are using the nootropic supplements that specifically meet your cognitive needs in one nootropic “stack” together at the same time.
Over two years of research went into locating the highest quality nootropics on the market. We tested nootropics from suppliers all over the world to assure that first and foremost, the nootropics that made up your nootropic stack were of the absolute highest quality. Nootropics that we would proudly use every day.
Once we found our supplier, we included some of the most potent, powerful, and essential nootropics to add to our library.
We also understand that there are plenty of people who may not know the first thing about where to start when building their own nootropic stack.
Sure, you want to create a stack that specifically addresses your personal cognitive needs and goals.
But where do you start?
Get a FREE Nootropic Stack for Your Needs and Goals
Simply fill out a brief form telling us a little bit about yourself and what you are looking to accomplish and one of our nootropic supplement specialists will get back to you with a FREE customized nootropic stack that should work best for you.
We treat every individual differently and take each of your needs and goals into account when recommending the best nootropic stack for your needs. So, if you want to create a nootropic stack, this is the best place to start.
Want to know the best part about our nootropic stacks?
All of our nootropics are not only 100% GMP certified with complete COA's to assure the highest quality and authenticity, but they are encapsulated to make dosages easier and safer to consume.
This is much better than the nootropic powders that require you to purchase a digital scale and turn your kitchen into a scene out of “Scarface” or “Breaking Bad,” right?
What is a nootropic?
A nootropic is a group of supplements and/or substances that can significantly boost your overall cognitive functioning in a number of ways. They have been proven to work by brilliant scientists in the neuroscience community. They have also been personally analyzed and tested by our entire team of dedicated professionals. However, they are not all created equally. Therefore, take your time and do your due diligence to find the best nootropics for your specific cognitive needs and goals.
Do nootropics work? All sources point toward the answer being yes! The question is which nootropics work and that is where we can step in to help you find the nootropics that work best!
What is a nootropic to you? What nootropics have you had experience using? Have you had positive, negative, and/or any other experiences using nootropics? Please leave your comments below and discuss your nootropic questions with us today!